ABOUT US

The Early Music Studio of Saint John was founded in July, 2006 by Tim Blackmore.  It’s mission is to provide educational and performance programs which stimulate interest in, and increase appreciation of, renaissance, baroque and classical music of the historical period dating from the first voyage of Jacques Cartier (1534) to the arrival of the Loyalists (1783).

For its first year the Studio operated in partnership with the Saint John Arts Centre Inc., which provided administrative support as well a venue for the Studio’s performances.

The Studio was incorporated as a non-profit company in New Brunswick on June 27, 2007 (Registration No. 632686) and registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization on October 15, 2007 (Registration No. 85700 4956 RR0001).


Photo by Rod Stears


Ali Leonard, Richard Kidd and Tim Blackmore in Hughes Hall.
Photo by Rod Stears

Board of Directors:

President/Artistic Director:
Tim Blackmore
- Teacher, Musician, Saint John

Vice-President:
Betty Tompkins
- Arts Administrator (retired), Saint John

Secretary – Treasurer:
Nicola Carter
- Technical Manager, Saint John

Director:
James Crooks
- Hospitality, Saint John

Director:
Andrew Graham
- Woodworker and Harpsichord Maker, Saint John